HTC wireless Vive 2 VR headset:
HTC is expected to introduce Vive 2 VR headset at upcoming CES 2017, according to a latest report from Central News Agency (CNA). The latest report comes after its was tipped that HTC was working on Vive 2.
- 4K screens
- Room-scale VR
- Enhanced lighthouse mechanics
- Improved refresh rate
- HTC Vive 2.0 is expect to come with two 4K screens.
- 4K VR headset to work well, it will need a 3840 x 2160p resolution, up from the existing Vive’s 2160 x 1200p resolution (per eye resolution is 1080 x 1200p).
- The new headset is expect to feature “room-scale” VR —
- VR enabling the use of clear space to allow movement for users
- The user feels real-world movement is replicate in a virtual environment.
Enhanced lighthouse mechanics:
- HTC Vive could come with a “lighthouse” technology — it floods a room with non-visible light
- uses positional tracking to figure out its 3D surroundings.
- These are complicate and sometimes difficult to set up.
Improved refresh rate:
- The inclusion of an improved refresh rate seems to be imminent.
- If the company wants to make a 4K headset, it will need to endow the device with a refresh rate of at least 120 Hz
- up from 90 Hz on the existing device.